Thursday 2 April 2009

Evaluation

Throughout this module I have learnt alot of new skills that I think will benefit me throughout my career of Design.

I have learnt to concentrate on the size of type and layout of type in the way of hierachy. I also found the help with creating my own business card and CV very helpful as I got good feedback from the class for this and I enjoyied designing them. The work that we have produced over the weeks I would like to use to look back on to give me help in my design work I have also been documenting the class work on my Type Blog which is easy accessable for me.
Ive found that when looking at Type out and about on adverts and in magazines etc, I look at the style, readability, layout and also consider how I could make this better and what it would look like if I was to re design in using the skills I have learnt in this module.

Ive looked at a range of Typography research from magazines, the internet and from books where I focussed on Type artwork and layout where I focussed in the more detailed areas, I will be using my Type Diary to carry on my documentation if I come across any interesting work in the future. I really enjoyied documenting in the Type Diary as it was something that became personal to me.

The strenghts in my work I think would be the layout of type as I have become more interested in this area. I consider this as important for the user and would like to carry on using the layout skills I have in my own design work. I have applied for work experience involving with magazine design so hopefully I can push the skills that I
already have in layout to a more professional level.

The weaknesses in my work I think would have to be choice of type as Im not quite familiar with alot of fonts. I think if I new the right fonts I then think this would help in my layout work for readability. I also think I need to know alot more of the technical side of the letterform and to have a more understanding for it.

I think next time I would focus on more in depth research and set a focus and restriction on certain areas in the visual type investigation.

Overall I think I have worked well and haven taken alot of interest in this module and have found it very interesting to know the detailed areas about typography, I think I have benefited alot from it and will carry on my observation and analyis of Type in the future.

No comments: